01 January 2009

Don't Let Go

I was instantly mesmerised by this song from the end of the 19 November episode. Message boards were lit up with people dying to know the singer and name of the song, and finally somebody had a name: Kellie Coffey, song unreleased. She wrote on her myspace blog that the song was written for the show and she was asked to sing it. It should be available for downloading on iTunes "soon" (written around Thanksgiving). You can listen to the full version on her myspace page.

I usually don't like treacly music, but I loved this song...it was so emotional for me when I heard it. I listened to it over and over for two days (it aired on a Wednesday). Then, Friday night, I was lying on my bed listening to it, thinking about my ex-boyfriend and being weepy, when I got a text message from him after eight months of silence...he was standing outside my bedroom window, missing me and needing to see me. We had one of those "reunions" that look so melodramatic and romantic when you see them on telly. But...

...sometimes things happen like they do in soap operas.

(song begins at the 2:10 mark)

No comments:

Post a Comment