01 January 2009

2008


I've been thinking about starting an All My Children blog for awhile...I'd see something on the show or read an article in Soap Opera Weekly and think of a good response or critique that should be shared with other fans. I had a "Pine Valley Bitch" section in my personal blog that I intended to update every day, but nobody ever said anything about it, so I figured why bother?

I've started 12pm today, 1 January 2009, four days before the show's 39th anniversary. I'll do a couple brief "year in review" posts of the last 12 months of the show, because anything more than that would be a huge undertaking, given that soap operas are on EVERY DAY, EVERY WEEK, EVERY MONTH. Five days a week, four weeks a month, twelve months a year. There are no hiatuses or "seasons" for soap operas...just year-round writing, acting, producing, editing, and airing. A lot of people (those who don't think highly of soaps, usually) don't realise how hard soap opera writers, actors, and crews truly work.

No comments:

Post a Comment